Mar 22, 2012

Behind the Scenes of the Book Trailer - Part Two

Hey there~

Here are a few more photos from the shoot!

Aria, Perry and Roar
Isn't this shot beautiful? You can't see it, but there's a ravine where the two hillsides meet, and it's actually fairly steep. At one point during the shoot, I tried to cross this steep ravine--which is also strewn with dead (and very slippery) leaves--while holding four bottles of water. The result was something of an I LOVE LUCY episode, with me almost climbing out of the ravine about ten times, losing a water bottle, watching it roll down to the bottom, and having to restart the whole process over again. I made it, though.


I mentioned yesterday how wonderful these actors were. Also in this photo is Pedro Castro, the Director of Photography, who I'm a little obsessed with right now. Sweet, patient, and a true artist, Pedro climbed up trees, worked in the rain, in the mud, etc. I was amazed watching this guy work. I'm a total fan.


Wyatt, the actor who played Perry, happened to be an archer--and a great one at that. I love this shot, though we didn't end up using it in the trailer.

Want to see some more? I've posted a couple over at the Facebook page and tomorrow, I'll share my favorite shots right here, so come on back!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that first shot really is great! And it is really great that the actor who played Perry was an archer... makes everyone's job a little easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shot is really great. I think it is great that they made a trailer for the book.����

    ReplyDelete